Sweeney Research relies on the goodwill of the general public and other special audiences in the conduct of market and social research studies. We are committed to the maintenance of anonymity and confidentiality for all participants in our research studies.
As a member of the Association of Market & Social Research Organisation (AMSRO), we adhere to the Market & Social Research Privacy Principles (M&SRPPs) under the National Privacy Principles of the Privacy Act 1988 – Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000. This sets out how we collect, use, keep secure and disclose personal information. Copies of the Principles are available free-of-charge from the AMSRO website (www.amsro.com.au).
Sweeney Research also abides by the Australian Market & Social Research Society’s Code of Professional Behaviour.
Sweeney Research respects, and treats as confidential, all personal information it collects. The information collected by Sweeney Research is used only for research purposes. The information provided by research participants for a specific project is generally reported to the client in an amalgamated format.
In order to ensure that personal information remains confidential and is not compromised in any way, we have the following measures in place...
- Sweeney Research only collects identified information for the purpose of a specific research study. No other use is made of the information, during the research or afterward (except for validation purposes in respect to the specific study or where specific consent has been provided by individual research participants).
- Personal information is routinely de-identified after a reasonable period of a study being completed. This would normally be within 3 months of a study’s completion. This means that there are no remaining personal information retained about respondents that could be used to identify them individually.
- While information remains identifiable, any individual can request access to the information linked to them and, if desired, have that information destroyed, deleted or de-identified.
- The research sample that Sweeney Research uses is sourced from publicly available lists such as telephone directories, random digit dialling or door knocking, customer information supplied by a client or from public panels or lists
- Where it is necessary to collect sensitive information for the purpose of a research study, we explain to individuals that they may withhold information at any time or decline to respond to particular questions.
If you have any concerns of queries about the handling of personal information, you may wish to contact us.
Level 1, 90 York Street
South Melbourne, Victoria, 3205
Telephone: 03 9699 8466